15/03/2015

(Poland) ACTIVITY 2 (Making buildings out of shapes)


In the second task students from Poland made a number of models. They created models of our school, houses, churches, museums and famous buildings such as the Palace of Culture in Warsaw, Poland, the Tower Bridge in London, Britain or Taipei 101 in Taipei, Taiwan.


 

 

After the models were finished, a team of students made a PowerPoint presentation about TASK 2 Maths Around Us. You can watch it as a movie:



EVALUATION AFTER TASK 2

After the task was finished, our students and staff did its evaluation.
Here are the results:


Students' Evaluation of Task 2: Maths Around Us

89 students did the test. 

1.  Please tick the appropriate box for the activity
Yes
No
I don’t know
Did you like Task 2 ?
73,2
9,8
17,0
       
 2. What did you enjoy most during this project activity
I enjoyed the task because:
Yes   
No
Sometime
1. I learned new things.
61,2
27,2
11,6
2. I learned how to work in group.
62,8
18,2
19,0
3. I learned how to work in the European project.
69,0
14,7
16,3
4. I learned th new English words.
48,8
27,7
23,5

Extra comments – 27
Positive comments - 81%
Negative comments - 19%.
  • I liked it because we worked in groups
  • We spent free time in interesting way looking for mathematical object around us
  • Task 1 was difficult
  • Some people in my group didn’t want to work
  • We had too little time for this task
  • I learned a lot of new and interesting things and how to work in group
  • We had fun making the models
  • The task was great: easy, interesting and useful
  • We could check our knowledge
  • I am not happy because it took time which could be spent for the rest
  • It was sometimes difficult

Teachers' Evaluation of Task 2: Maths Around Us 

1. Do you feel the pupils engaged with the activity?
Yes
Ok /Nothing Special
No
100%



2. Did you enjoy the activity?
Yes
Ok /Nothing Special
No
100%



3. What changes would make it more interesting/effective?
We asked our students to make models of Polish buildings or buildings from partner countries’ in Erasmus+. Now I would let my students create models of buildings from all over the world.

4. Would you use this again when teaching maths?
Yes
Maybe
No
100%



No comments:

Post a Comment